Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pocket HD Camcorders: Group Test

With smartphones adding HD video capture to their arsenals, pocket camcorders of the Flip-following variety have to step up their game. That means better zooms, higher frame rates, classier still photos and even 3D capture. These are all pocketable and generally pocket friendly too, though prices do reach £300…

 

 

Best: Ease of use
Flip Video UltraHD
£160
Love: Fuss-free recording. Easy upload via USB
Hate: No SD card slot for extra storage. Not full HD
Flip VidUltra HD pics I Flip VidUltra HD review I Link: Flip

 

 

Best: Zoom
Toshiba Camileo SX900
£250
Love: Handy zoom. HDMI cable and case included.
Hate: Chunky. No built-in storage. Sensitive mic
Toshiba Camileo pics I Toshiba Camileo review I Link: Toshiba

 

 

Best: 3D capture
Aiptek 3D i2
£200
Love: 3D in your pocket
Hate: Ugly. Not full-HD. Fiddly joystick. Gimmicky
Aiptek 3D i2 review I Link: Aiptek

 

 

Best: In harsh conditions
Sanyo Xacti VPC-CA100
£300
Love: Waterproof HD recording. Decent sound
Hate: Relatively pricey
Sanyo Xacti VPC pics I Sanyo Xacti VPC review I Link: Sanyo

 

 

Best: Touchscreen control
JVC Picsio GC-FM2
£160
Love: Touchscreen control
Hate: Cheap construction. Grainy photos
JVC Picsio pics I JVC Picsio review I Link: JVC

 

 

Best: Portability
Panasonic HM-TA1
£130
Love: Very small. Full HD. Includes iFrame mode
Hate: Small screen. No HDMI. Average footage
Panasonic HM-TA1 pics I Link: Panasonic

 

 


Posted by Gavin Stoker

Leighton Meester Dominique Swain Jamie Chung Alicia Witt Radha Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment